Ultimately, open theism is not based on man's freedom but on God's freedom. Open theism is the Christian doctrine that the future is not settled but open because God is alive, eternally free, and inexhaustibly creative. Although this undeniable truth is virtual heresy to many Calvinist and Arminean theologians, regardless, open theists affirm the obvious, that God is able to think new thoughts. And He can write new songs. And if He wants to He could design new butterflies too.
Select Open Theism Events
Broadcast Event: Liberty University's associate professor Dr. Richard Holland's radio series on America's most-powerful Christian radio station on God, Time and the Incarnation!
The Will Duffy / Matt Slick Open Theism Debate: focused on God’s free will, the changes the Incarnation brought about within God, and the list of 33 categories of Bible verses affirming that the future is open...
See our Slick/Duffy debate page for:
- the transcript of Will's opening statement
- the 33 categories of verses Duffy mentions
- Duffy's pre-debate radio interview
- Duffy's interview on the infamous Chapter 18 of Calvin's Institutes Book 1
- the Duffy/Slick highlights and analysis radio series.
The Bob Enyart / James White Debate: We can trust God with free will.
See our Enyart/White debate page for:
- transcripts of Bob's opening statement and the Isaiah "deity test" rebuttal
- the Attributes Highlighting methodology
- the 15 Scriptures on God the Son's humanity
- the shocking debate aftermath in which White and R.C. Sproul, Jr. both repeatedly deny that God the Son ever took upon Himself a human nature.
The Samuel Lamerson / Bob Enyart Debate: Dr. Lamerson is professor of New Testament and interim president of D. James Kennedy's Knox Theological Seminary and in 2005 participated in a 10-round moderated written debate on open theism with Pastor Bob Enyart of Denver Bible Church who hosts a daily talk radio, theology, and apologetics program.
* More Resources Here:
- Opentheism.com/debates lists many more such events
- You can comment in our open theism forum at TheologyOnline.com
- Our highly Google-ranked article Is God Outside of Time?
- Check out the 33 categories of scriptures at opentheism.org/verses.